From Creative Director Stuart Black, BODYCOUNT reboots the First Person Shooter with a single-minded focus on delivering best-in-class gunplay. Gamers will experience the intense satisfaction of spectacular close-quarters combat in a shreddable world as players and opponents tear through cover to execute explosive kills. The first game from Codemasters Guildford Studio, BODYCOUNT is being developed by an all-star team of development talent using the EGO Game Technology Platform, an evolution of the award-winning EGO engine.
Ensnared in a clandestine global power struggle that rages away from the headlines and under the cover of conventional war zones, players must eliminate enemies known only as ‘Targets’ on behalf of the ‘Network’. After being dropped into chaotic areas of operations, gamers deploy a mouth-watering selection of contemporary firearms to tear through environments and enemies, chaining kills and earning power ups. Complimented by co-operative play and multiplayer modes, BODYCOUNT will set new standards for intense, outrageous arcade action and put the fun back into the FPS.
- The gun, reloaded. The core BODYCOUNT experience is all about the bullet and its impact on the game world. Whether it’s the bone-jarring, blood-spattering devastation caused by firing into an enemy or shredding scenery with a hail of bullets, the game perfectly crystallises the moment of pulling the trigger of contemporary weapons into a sensory overload of power and exhilaration. Players will immerse themselves in a cinematic orgy of shooting and wanton destruction that sets new standards for the genre as BODYCOUNT blasts outrageous fire-fights and indulgent, spectacular action from both barrels.
- Rip it up! BODYCOUNT’s environment shredding technology lets players stamp their own unique footprint of destruction on the world, with unparalleled density and detail of shreddable elements. The dynamically changing environment is a means of defence and attack, creating tactical options for players; rip through cover to get at the enemy or shoot through the environment to create unique escape routes.
- Every bullet counts, every body counts. Use kill chains, signature destruction bonuses and gather Intel to build up your bullet meter and unleash devastating air strikes on your enemies. Rack up the kills to earn and unlock abilities and attributes players can take online in BODYCOUNT’s multiplayer modes.
- Multiplayer Gun Fun. Play in co-op or join competitive multiplayer modes (further details to be announced).
- Overt assassination in global conflict zones. Ensnared by ‘The Network’, players become a powerful combat asset green-lighted to eliminate targets with extreme prejudice. Tasked with terminating rivals designated only as ‘the Target’, gamers complete multiple objectives amid the chaos of civil war with the freedom to decide how and when to attack; light-up anyone and everyone who stands between the player and their target or use stealth to conceal movement across raging battlefields. As the narrative unfolds, players are drawn into the mysterious labyrinth of a covert conflict where operatives are encouraged to leave no witnesses.
- It’s an EGOlution. BODYCOUNT is being developed on the EGO Game Technology platform, evolved from the award winning EGO engine. Enabling Codemasters development talent to share tools and technology across Studios and Central Technology teams, the EGO Game Technology Platform empowers Codemasters game designers to realise their creative visions across multiple platforms featuring cutting edge graphics, powerful AI, advanced physics systems and integrated network play.